Coach Pete Alfino is the owner and founder of Mile High Multisport, LLC. He has been involved in the multisport community since 1988 when he completed his first triathlon. He has experienced firsthand the growth and development of the sport of triathlon over the past 30 years. He believes anything is possible with a well written plan and the commitment of the athlete. Pete excels in developing his athletes to reach their maximum potential by providing each client with individual attention and creating personalized training plans to meet their needs and goals. His coaching philosophies and training plans have developed novice athletes to podium finishes from local races to the Ironman World Championship qualifiers. His ability to effectively interact with athletes of all ages and abilities separates him from his peers as one of the top coaches in the country. If you are looking to work with a coach who has a proven track record of success, is devoted to the coaching business 100% (he does this full time not part time) and takes pride in the relationship he cultivates with his clients then contact Pete today.
Multisport Coaching Credentials:
- Level II USAT Certified Coach
- Slowtwitch Master certified Swim, Cycling, Run Coach
- USATF Certified Coach
- USAT Elite Coaching Mentorship Program 2010
- Power Based Training Seminar presented by Hunter Allen
- Coached athletes who have qualified for World Championships at every distance (Kona qualifiers in 2004, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015) including podium finishers at Ironman Arizona, Boulder, Coeur D’Alene, Canada, Louisville, Maryland, Wisconsin and the Ironman World Championships, 70.3 Worlds, ITU Long Course Championships and many 70.3 races across the country.
- Has coached USAT All American, Honorable Mention Candidates and athletes who have become eligible for their pro cards.
- Accomplished triathlete since 1988
- Four time Ironman finisher
- Able to interact with athletes of all levels and abilities through positive interaction and motivation.
Coach Pete has been a USAT certified coach since 2004. He has coached athletes who have qualified for the World Championships at every distance. His ability to work with athletes of different ages and abilities separates him from other coaches. Pete works with athletes throughout the United States and Canada. Coach Pete is a student of the sport and continues to learn different methods which he can pass along to his clients. In 2010, he was selected to the USA Triathlon Elite Coaching mentorship program.
- 4 x Ironman finisher
- Long Course World Qualifier
- Age Group Olympic Distance National Qualifier
- 2nd place Overall Crescent Moon Sprint Triathlon
- 1st place A.G. Harbor Lights Triathlon
- 4th place A.G. Mile High Duathlon Series
- 2nd place overall Winter Park Mountain Bike Series
- 2nd A.G. Colorado Triathlon Half Ironman
- Pikes Peak Ascent finisher
- Big Shoulders Open Water 5k finisher
- Has coached over 200+ Ironman finishers
- Podium placements at Ironman Boulder, Wisconsin, Canada, Coeur D’ Alene, Louisville, Maryland, Arizona, Beach to Battleship and Ironman World Championships
- 7 top 15 finishes at the Ironman World Championships
- Podium placements at 70.3 races: Boulder, Kansas, Steel Head, Buffalo Springs, California, Honu, New Orleans, Racine, Galveston and Austin
- Podium Placements at numerous sprint and Olympic distance races throughout the county.
- Has coached Boston Qualifiers