Coach Kathy Alfino is the co-owner of Mile High Multisport, LLC. She has been involved in the multisport community since 1983 and is proud to be a pioneer of the sport. Kathy has an extensive race profile at all distances and is well recognized and respected in the triathlon community as an athlete and a coach. Kathy has successfully worked with clients of all ages and abilities. She holds a masters degree in Exercise Physiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation and undergraduate degrees in Microbiology and Nursing. As a working mother of two, a successful athlete and wife, she has the hands on knowledge and expertise to help her clients reach their multisport goals. Kathy is living proof that women can achieve success on many different levels including sports.
Multisport Coaching Credentials:
- IRONMAN Certified Coach
- USAT Certified Coach
- Masters in Exercise Physiology and Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Has coached Kona Qualifiers, USAT All Americans and Honorable Mention Candidates.
- Accomplished triathlete since 1983
- Nine time Ironman finisher (4x Kona Qualifier, 3rd place Kona finish 2010)
- Able to interact with athletes of all levels and abilities through positive interaction and motivation.
Coach Kathy has been a USAT certified coach since 2005. She has successfully coached novice athletes to Ironman finishers. Her 30+ years of racing experience at all distances and educational background have given her a breadth of knowledge to share with her clients.
- USAT All American selection 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016
- Inducted into the Colorado Sportswomen Hall of Fame 2015
- 2015 Ironman Maryland, A.G. Champion – KONA QUALIFIER/COURSE RECORD 20th O.A female at age 55
- 2013 Ironman 70.3 World Championships 7th A.G.
- 2012 Austin 70.3 1st place A.G.
- 2011 Kansas 70.3 1st place A.G.
- 2011 Ironman 70.3 World Championships 4th place A.G.
- 2011 ITU Long Course World Championships 2nd place A.G.
- 2010 Ironman World Championships 3rd place A.G.
- 2010 Ironman Coeur d Alene A.G. Champion – KONA QUALIFIER/COURSE RECORD
- 2010 Galveston 70.3 A.G. Champion, 22nd amateur women (at age 50!!)
- 2009 Podium finisher (Rage in the Sage, L2L, Boulder Peak, Rattlesnake, W.O.W
- 2008 Rattlesnake Sprint Overall Champion
- 2007 National Sprint Championship – 2nd place AG, 5/248 overall
- 2007 EAS 5430 Age Group Series Winner
- 2007 Loveland L2L Olympic Distance – 3rd place OVERALL
- 2007/8 Mile High Duathlon Series Winner
- 2006 Ironman Coeur d’Alene 2006 – 4th place AG – KONA QUALIFIER
- 2004, 2006, 2010 Ironman World Championships finisher
- 2004 Ironman Canada – 6th place AG – KONA QUALIFIER
- 2004 Boulder Peak Triathlon – 2nd place AG
- 2003 Ironman Wisconsin finisher 2003
- 2002 Muncie Endurathon, Nat’l Long Course Championship – Worlds Qualifier
- 2000 Ironman California finisher
- 1992 Bud Light Triathlon Series – 1st place AG
- 1991 Illinois State 40k TT champion