Courtney has competed in marathons, half marathons, long distance cycling events and triathlons of varying distances. She has over 20 years of endurance sport experience. Since 2011, Courtney has focused primarily on triathlon both as an athlete and as a coach. She lives with her husband and three sons in Evergreen, Colorado. Courtney’s love for teaching and coaching has provided her amazing opportunities to work with organizations such as Girls On The Run, Pedaling for Parkinsons, MS 150 series, Team in Training- Rocky Mountain, The Bergen Schools, Evergreen Middle School and Evergreen Christian Outreach. Her dedication to helping others and her passion for the sport of triathlon have led her to amazing opportunities as a team member, coach, mentor, race director and top fundraiser for many of these organizations. Courtney’s main goal as a coach is to help her athletes reach their individual potential both physically and mentally in a successful, balanced and fun way. She hopes to help her athletes achieve a sense of personal satisfaction through hard work, consistency and commitment.
Multisport Coaching Credentials:
- USA Triathlon Level Certified Coach
- USA Cycling Level 3 Certified Coach – September 2015
- Coach – Girls on the Run, Pedaling for Parkinson’s, EPRD
- Spinning – Indoor Cycling Certified – 2009
- Masters Degree in Education – M.ED.
Coach Courtney has been a USAT Level 1 Certified Coach since October, 2014. She is also a USA Cycling certified coach. Courtney has been Indoor Cycling certified since 2009 and has coached cycling since that time. In addition to being a personal coach for Mile High Multisport, Courtney is also a cycling instructor and coach with Evergreen Park and Recreation District. She has raced with various triathlon teams/groups throughout Denver and has also volunteered her time as a coach/mentor for Girl’s on the Run, Team in Training and the Pedaling for Parkinsons programs.
- 5 time Ironman 70.3 finisher (St. George- 2013, 2015, Boulder- 2014, 2016, Arizona-2016)
- Team USA Member 2016/2017- ITU World Championship- Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Ironman 70.3 World Championship qualifier- Chattanooga, TN- 2017
- USA Triathlon National Championship qualifier- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- USA Triathlon All-American- 2015, 2016
- Ironman All World Athlete- 2016
- US Indoor Triathlon – All American – 2014/2015, 2nd Overall in Nation AG 45-49
- 2016- Ironman Arizona 70.3, 4th place AG
- 2016 USA Triathlon National Championships, 24th place AG
- 2016- Colorado Triathlon, 1st place AG. 6th place female OA
- 2016- Ironman Boulder 70.3- 9th place AG
- 2016- TriBoulder- 1st place AG, 6th place OA
- 2015- USA Triathlon National Championships, 25th place AG
- 2015 – Lavaman Triathlon- 3rd place AG
- 2015- Ironman St. George 70.3 – 8th place AG
- 2015 – Lookout Mountain Triathlon – 1st place AG
- 2015 – Boulder Peak Triathlon – 8th place AG
- 2014 – Boulder Sprint – 2nd place AG
- 2013 – Lookout Mountain Triathlon – 1st place AG
- 2013 – Evergreen Sprint – 1st place AG
I wanted to drop a quick note about the support and outstanding coaching I received, from Court, during my IM yesterday in Tempe.
As you may know, I was nursing a broken clavicle back to health all summer and was unable to train as I normally would. During the entire summer Court provided coaching plans that were adapted to my situation. She provided emotional, and mental support to me when I was really discouraged and questioned my ability to jump back in on time for Tempe.
As you are aware, we raced Tempe together. I doubted my ability to finish but ended up with finish times close to my last race 2 years ago. This is entirely due to Court’s encouragement and her thorough preparation, of me, for race day. I followed her race strategy without diversion. I followed her nutrition and hydration plan for race day to a Tee. I implemented her plan for the bike, run, and swim sections of the course without question. When I finished the race I felt great and so very accomplished.
You have a great coach in Courtney and I’m so very glad to be continuing with her, as my coach, for the 2016-2017 season. She has a lot of heart and more than that has become a very knowledge coach over the years. Because she works well with others she has a great sense of how best to support each athlete individually.
I have so appreciated her and look forward to a great upcoming season!